The Memsource Translation Plugin for WordPress and the Connector feature, allows content managers to import standard WordPress posts, pages, tags and categories into Memsource for translation. The content can be imported either manually via Add from Online Repository button or automatically using the Automated Project Creation feature.
Two plugins are needed: WPML (Multilingual CMS) and Memsource Wordpress Plugin.
WPML plugin for WordPress
Your WordPress website will need a WPML plugin to create and manage multilingual pages, which are then used by the Memsource WordPress Plugin. Version 3.7 or higher of WPML Multilingual CMS is required.
Languages in WPML must match languages of the Memsource project. To support local variations, for example French (Canada), define languages in WPML panel inside WordPress.
When a translated content is uploaded back to WordPress site, it is automatically published.
Adding the Memsource Translation Plugin to a WordPress site
- To add the Memsource Plugin to your WordPress site, log into your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins, and select Add New.
- On the plugin page, search for Memsource Translation Plugin for WordPress and click Install Now.
- Hover over the installed Memsource plugin in the left-hand navigation and then click Show Connector settings. A unique token will have been generated. You will need this token to set up the connector in Memsource Cloud.
Setting up the Memsource Translation Plugin for WordPress in Memsource Cloud
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Connectors, and click on New to set up a new connector.
- Select the WordPress option.
- Add your WordPress site URL prefix to the WordPress site URL field. For example, if your WordPress admin page URL is http://blog.memsource.com/wp-admin/index.php, the prefix would be http://blog.memsource.com/.
- Copy the token from the WordPress Admin page and paste it into the Memsource WordPress plugin token field.
- Click Test connection. Memsource Cloud should connect to your WordPress site and display a list of languages configured by the WPML plugin. If the WPML plugin is not found, an error message will appear.
- If everything is OK, save the connector.
The Memsource Translation Plugin for WordPress includes a shortcode editor which can be used to add custom shortcodes to the list of shortcodes in your WordPress site. To access the Shortcode editor, hover over the Memsource plugin in the left-hand navigation of your WordPress site and then click Shortcodes. To use the shortcode editor, a custom shortcode must first be created using a third-party shortcode plugin.
Visual page builders
The following visual page builders are supported by the Memsource Translation Plugin for WordPress:
- WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer)
Once you install a visual page builder, you can view the shortcodes supported by the Memsource Plugin on the Shortcodes page. The shortcodes from the visual page builder cannot be modified. To access the Shortcodes page, hover over the Memsource plugin in the left-hand navigation of your WordPress site and then click Shortcodes.